Data scientists build information platforms to provide deep insight and answer previously unimaginable questions. Hadoop is transforming how data scientists work by allowing interactive and iterative data analysis at scale. Learn how hadoop enable data scientists to help companies reduce costs, increase profits, improve products, retain customers, and identify new opportunities. This course helps participants understand what data scientists do, the problems they solve, and the tools and techniques they use. Through in-class simulations, participants apply data science methods to real-world challenges in different industries and, ultimately, prepare for data scientist roles in the field.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the hadoop ecosystem, and develop concrete skills such as:
- How to identify potential business use cases where data science can provide impactful results.
- How to obtain, clean and combine disparate data sources to create a coherent picture for analysis.
- What statistical methods to leverage for data exploration that will provide critical insight into your data?
- Where and when to leverage hadoop streaming and Apache Flume for data science pipelines.
- What machine learning technique to use for a particular data science project.